Is starvation from poverty still an issue in the age of obesity?

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Paean to life...

Was randomly hitting 'Next Blog' for something to do this Fathers Day eve (NZ), when came across this blog entry:

http://fishwithtrish.blogspot.com/2011/09/assuming-comment-from-my-visit-to.html

Trish makes a rather passionate call for stopping abortion from a Christian perspective, & I felt compelled to type a reply, & here you go below...

Came out quite nicely, so thought I'd copy it here so I would not forget about it...don't 'lose it' as another random unacknowledged comment amongst hundreds...

:-)


Namaste Trish!
The fact that every abortion is a tragedy is undeniable.

But the issue you talk to here, is not the death of a baby, but your own.

Yes, you & I, & all of us will die one day, maybe tomorrow.

To die is indeed 33/33 guranteed to happen, & if I had a choice I would want to leave this mortal coil with as much of my dignity upheld as I am able.

I feel the greater dignity is to be found in Love.

To live a life in fear of one's inevitable death, as a 'merciful' god threatens to cast you to eternal hell, for an ever changing grab-bag list of sins (feel free to debate on this list of sins with me), is in a way even more tragic.

Also somewhat undignified (in my humble opinion).

Choose life Trish!

Don't get lost on the abortion canard; yes canard.

Abortion opposition is a righteousness that some people hide behind, to make it look like they're doing something 'big'; a 'safe' cause to support.

And worth fighting for to a degree as, I reiterate, every one lost is a tragedy!

But its a given that EVERYONE also agrees it would be great if there was no need/want for abortion. No one supports abortion directly, except in your right to have one as a last resort.

But there it is, & that's life.

However, the greater injustice is the starving billions on Earth- the 30,000 children EVERY DAY who die a preventable death. The 900,000+ every month, & the 10 million+(?) every year!

Many Christian charities do excellent work in that field.

I would suggest you sign up the energy you obviously have to maintain a blog to this great service to the glory of God. After a time you will come to know the precious blessing that is every vulnerable child...as it dies in YOUR arms.

But the humility that comes with this horrid experience, & with this knowledge, will strengthen your resolve to resist the forces that allow this BIGGEST of injustices to occur.

Almost every death preventable, all but a pawn in the game of money, greed, power & status.

Resist that demonic force Trish, & you will truly be doing the 'good' work, both for humanity & to the service of God.

This is a dignified life.

This was the example of Jesus on how to lead a life of Love, & is mainly what he preached upon. Help the needy, heal the sick, feed the poor, challenge the self serving powers that be.

Show me one reference to abortion in the Gospels of the Apostles. Are there any? - I don't know.

Peace & love to you.

Amen.

pSi-pHi :-)

p.s. I just came across your blog here randomly, by using 'Next Blog' from my own.

Thanks for being a sounding board at the very least, even if my words have no resonance for you. They are but mere words...

September 3, 2011 5:03 AM

No comments: